1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
1001 Digital

THEMA: Function decoder help

THEMA: Function decoder help
Startbeitrag
lupolucio.67 - 14.06.24 16:55
Good morning everyone, I'm Lucio from Italy, I need help, I put a function decoder on a Piko 40250 N scale. I believe the connection is not correct, I followed the instructions but I fear that the green, purple and yellow wires are in their original place. Should they be soldered to the 20V, A4, A2 points in the center of the plate? As in the illustration? it's not clear to me. Thanks for your help.

Die von lupolucio.67 zu diesem Beitrag angefügten Bilder können nur von registrierten Usern gesehen werden - Login

Hello Lucio,

the positive Pole (+20 V) is the blue wire.
The others are at your decision.

Ciao, Peter W
Thanks Peter, my decoder is the mini and it only has two wires, red and black which I connected as per the drawing on the platform, but I think it is not correct perhaps the other three green purple and yellow go to the center of the platform. I really don't understand. best regards Lucio
I assume, this is your decoder:
https://www.piko-shop.de/en/artikel/n-mini-func...r-railbus-19975.html
on the piko-homepage is a manual for the decoder. You can also see on their picture, where every colour is soldered on the decoder.

Decoder red --> railcar red (WR)
Decoder black --> railcar black (WL)
Decoder blue --> railcar 20V
Decoder white --> railcar A1
Decoder yellow --> railcar A2
Decoder green --> railcar A3
Decoder purple --> railcar A4

You can switch white, yellow, green and purple as you like. You can also use brown and orange if you like. They can be mapped with CVs in the decoder later (CV33 onwards).

Ciao Andi
Hi Lucio,

Could you please provide a close-up of both sides of the decoder?

The red and black wires are the track input. The outputs shall be soldered on some golden (or maybe pre-tinned) pads on the decoder PCB by the customer.
I fairly remember that early versions of the PIKO/Uhlenbrock function Decoder mini did not provide the white, yellow, green and brown (or violet) output wires at factory. The wires should no longer lack on newer PIKO types. If you had bought the decoder recently, it would be an option to claim incompleteness and return it.

Ciao, Peter W
hi Peter, as I thought, the decoder is not recent and does not have any wires already soldered. I'll have to do it myself following your advice, thanks, I'll attach the photos
Best wishes
hi Peter, as I thought, the decoder is not recent and does not have any wires already soldered. I'll have to do it myself following your advice, thanks, I'll attach the photos
Best wishes

Die von lupolucio.67 zu diesem Beitrag angefügten Bilder können nur von registrierten Usern gesehen werden - Login

Hi Lucio,

unfortunately I had no luck in finding the exactly matching Decoder variant, however all of these Uhlenbrocks like 73700, 73800 or 73900 seem to have the very same connection arrangement (top down):
- white (front lights)
- yellow (rear lights)
- blue (+20 V)
- brown (A2)
- green (A1)

As long as you connect the center pin correctly, the others are all equal outputs.

Ciao, Peter W
Hello, thanks you Peter. Now I'll start soldering the wires. Regards, Lucio.
Hello Peter,
I tried soldering the wires as per the diagram, but it doesn't work. I connected the black and red of the decoder in the PCB as per the diagram. I did a test by connecting one function at a time. When I connect the function to the PCB pin the system short circuits. This applies to all functions and all pins, even one at a time. I really don't understand where the error is, maybe the direction of travel set?
Thanks and best regards
Did you break out the dummy part of the PCB? Could you please provide photos?

Regards, Peter W
hello Peter, I didn't break the PCB dummy part, I broke it now, and everything works very good, thanks super thanks to everyone for helping me and regards Lucio

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;