1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
Menzels Lokschuppen: Ihr N-Spezialist am Rhein

THEMA: Problem with Intellibox and 73500/73510

THEMA: Problem with Intellibox and 73500/73510
Startbeitrag
miguelidanez - 16.08.05 23:32
Hello,

I have problems with all my locos mounting uhlenbrock 73500 decoders. I own a N scale system, with an Intellibox from Uhlenbrock.

All this locos have erratic working: sometimes work, and others stops. If the regulator is full open, the locomotives appears "locked" in this velocity: I can not get stop it. I have take from the rails and put it again.

I tried to run it under programmation rail, and all appears work well, but all also lock to max velocity.

I tried all I think: reset intellibox, install latest software version, changed voltage (15v to 18v)... but I can not resolve the problem.

All my others locos with decoders from another brand (inclusive uhlenbrock 76520 with sound) work perfectly:CT Elektronics, Lenz, Digitrax, etc. I have installed s88 modules and decoder for gauges and signals in my layout. Windigipet (v8.4.1) appears to works well.

Any ideas will be apreciated.

Best reggards from Spain.

Miguel Angel

Do you have the same number of steps for speed in Intellibox and decoder programmed?

Enrico
Hola Miguel Angel,

I have experienced nealry the same issue as you are describing.

My locos wan on various speeds and seemed to be locked and uncontrollable. As an additional effect I noticed the lights turned off. After some distance the lights turned on again and the loco went back under control.

From your description I understand that youi might have the same issue. I noticed having some dust on the tracks and the wheels of the locos were also a bit "dirty". In addition I installed 2 additional cables to have a better power supply.

Hope this solves your issue.

Saludos

Claus
Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

Yes: the decoder and the intellibox have the same numer of steps (28).

About the dust in locos or rails, I have all rails and locos clean. I think this is not the problem. Locos with other decoders installed works good . I have 2 Re460, one with a 73510 and the other with a Lenz. Both are clean and if I replace the decoder with a dummy, they run in analog mode without problems. The loco with 73510 installed don't run well in digital mode.
One more note: I tried locos with 73510 to work in Selectrix mode, but without sucessfull.
HellO!
Is it possible to programm the decoder to understand only one system ?
DCC or Seletrix or MM and no analog mode! And no auto speed step detection!
Please prob all .
Greetings Uller

> no analog mode!

Analog mode will be shut down automatically as soon as digital signal is applied, hence power conversion is disabled until re-enabled by CV programming and D.C. is applied.

> And no auto speed step detection!

This is not possible except for 14 speed steps mode.
Well, I am sure there is a "decoder" problem, not a "intellibox" problem.

After several tries and changes into decoders CV's, I get 2 decoders which work well. I purchased a new one, and it also works Ok.

Uhlenbrock dealer in Spain has told me there was a group of decoders with were deffective, and they were took apart from shops.

I am trying to get a replacement from Uhlenbrock.
You could compare the firmware version by reading CV# 7.
CV7=8. All decoders are identical (old and new). I ask my dealer about it, and they told me these decoders have not changed many time ago.

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;