1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
Spur N Ersatzteile

THEMA: Lenz decoder in Dispolok Taurus

THEMA: Lenz decoder in Dispolok Taurus
Startbeitrag
Ernst - 27.01.07 16:08
Diese Machine fahrt wunderbar mit den Lenz Gold minidecoder (Type 10410), leider gehen die LED's gar nicht, nur bei einschalten ein kurze lichtflitz (Deutsch?).
Auch die diode (in serien geschaltet mit de LED + wiederstand) kurzsliessen macht nicht aus. Wer weist ein solution?

The loc runs beautiful with the Lenz 10410 decoder but the front/rear LCD light refuse to fire up. Just a short flash at power up, that's all. The Function switch on the Twin Centre is switched on. Does anybody has the answer to this problem?
Thank you very much!

Hi Ernst,

did you keep in mind that Fleischmann Digital products all run the 14 speed-step mode by default, whether all others on the market have the 28/128 mode set? It is necessary to set the mode for your central station (at least for the particular address) AND the decoder appropriately in order to get the lights working.

The short flash results from the unpredictable state of the processor I/O ports at startup, this shows that wiring und circuit is correct. Please do not short-circuit  components on the PCB, as damage could result from slipping off unintentionally while device is powered.

Greetings, Peter W.
Peter,
thanks. I'll check but all the other locs, includinh those with the same Lenz decoder,run fine with lights on/off from the Twin Centre.
Meanwhile, I found at this forum other examples/photo''s  of hooking up decoders to this loc print, clearly specifying to isolate the LED's/resistor/diode completely from the rest of the power circuit at the print.

Ernst (NL)  
Ernst,

this sounds very strange to me. Maybe it is a good idea to desolder the little capacitors very next to the LED pins. Although these have only 100 nF capacity, they could probably confuse the short-circuit protection of the light outputs.
In case you decide to connect the LED to plus (blue wire) and appropriate output, you may omit the diode but should increase the resistor value or use the dimming function. White LEDs may die if they continuously run from a direct current of more than 20 mAmps. However, current may be safely increased if the LED is pulsed (this is what dimming does). In fact the power dismission (i.e. heating) of the LED chip is the problem rather than the current itself.

Met vriendelijke groeten van Vienna, Peter W.
Thank you very much Peter, I'll keep you posted on progress. Hope you have some good snow around in wonderful Vienna!
Ernst

Beitrag editiert am 30. 01. 2007 19:46.

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;