1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
Harburger Lokschuppen

THEMA: Does TRIX-ICE3 12197 has OPERATING PANTOGRAP?

THEMA: Does TRIX-ICE3 12197 has OPERATING PANTOGRAP?
Startbeitrag
Vadim - 23.09.09 15:04
Does TRIX-ICE3 12197 has OPERATING PANTOGRAPH?

The picture of train:
http://www.reynaulds.com/images/Trix/12197.jpg

Vadim,

Negative,

Even no lights at front and stern. The engine is situated in the restaurant car in the middle.

Kind regards

Rob  
Thanks, Rob!
Hovever the motorized restaurant car has a conducting pantograph and appropriate conductors on the printed circuit board. So maybe this could be retrofitted with little effort if necessary.

Regards, Peter
Thanks, Peter!
As i understood, these pantograph's - metallic standard TRIX pantographs, which are used in models which supplies from catenary. Is it Right?

If so - i would solder wires to these pantographs and also i would conduct wires along all train, making lights,directional lights, and  improoved current pickup in other cars.

Question:
Does this model have robust (dependable) powering abilities in main motor car ?
How about quality of product? Is it worth to use it as a basic for other modifications(lights, catenary, ets... )?

---
Vadim.

Hi Vadmin,

exaclty, these pantographs are standard Minitrix pantos also used in models that have circuitry for catenary pick-up by design, just sort of low-bugdet China clones of original Sommerfeldt pantos, cost-effectively solid white nickel-plated.

IIRC the PCB inside the motor car already has conductive pads that read "ANT", "PANT" or something like that, just being not connected. There are also provisions for headlight control and so. Seems like Trix already prepared a fully-featured version at design time but abandoned this in the end to keep the price low.

Zitat

Is it worth to use it as a basic for other modifications

It is up to decide you how to calculate the effort for reworking it on your own. If you've got the time to do this, and like to do this, go ahead. Just make sure to get the newer series that already has metal gear on the axles. The first series had plastic gear that broke up and was replaced under warranty. Besides that, the train appears to be good quality starter model altogether. One guy reported here that the wheels will wear off rapidly under heavy load during continuous service in conjunction with conversion to a powerful Faulhaber motor and using a long, prototypical train composition.

I have installed interior lighting (also in the motor car) and a budget-priced Kuehn N025 DCC decoder in the ICE3, having it run non-prototypically as a five car train with the motor car running in the middle with respect to symmetrical load.

Gürße, Peter W.
Thanks, Peter.

What do You mean?  "metallic gear instead of plastic..."

You mean metallic pinion (gear wheel, wheel with toothing ), instead plastic?
But what pinion? Motor pinion, intermediate pinions, or axle pinions(driving gear pinion)?
Or You mean metallic body where placed pinions?

Another question - if i ll try to buy it in German stores through INTERNET,
which number i must point in order?
Or, may be, corrected ICE 3 train have postfix letter (for example: 12197-A) ?

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;