1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
Harburger Lokschuppen

THEMA: HELP! Need MiniTRIX ICE-3 PHOTOS!

THEMA: HELP! Need MiniTRIX ICE-3 PHOTOS!
Startbeitrag
Vadim - 07.10.09 19:04
HELP! Need MiniTRIX ICE-3 PHOTOS!

There are 3 versions:

1)Art. N 12176-3car(2005) (Plastic Gears)

2)Art. N 12793-3car(2006) (Metallic gears)

3)Art. N 12197-8car(2009 NEW N/A)(Probably metalic gears and + loco extra weight  )

Still cannot understood 2 thinks:

1) The weight of motor car of first two trains =? , does it enough for pulling 5 cars, for example?

2) THE COUPLINGS! Are they - dynamical? Or also so poor as was in TRIX ICE-1?

Who has any link or photos?

I suchen all 1zu160, but did not any photos, only large post on deutsch.

----

Vadim.

Hi Vadim,

there are no photos to my knowledge. I have got one that originally had plastic gear and broke, therefore I have converted it by means of new axles eqipped with metal gear - just ordered them from my dealer as spare parts, luckily being available at that point in time. Today ... catastrophe.

I'd guess the 2009 set has not yet been seen on the market, as Trix just started to deliver a few thing, so you will unlikely find any info on this one.

ad 1) As I already wrote in one of the previous threads reagardings this topic, I am using the ICE3 as a 5-car train with respect to symmetrial load and limit the pulling power because all cars are retrofitted with standard Minitrix interior lighting bars (incandescent lamps) and standard axle pickups. The electrical contact is suprisingly good.

ad 2) Coupling is based on NEM 355 shafts, but height is different and coupling bars are special.
However coupling is robust, and non-conductive - nothing to fiddle around. Keep in mind it was made for kids rather than NIETENZAEHLERs, just intended as a value priced beginner's train set under the Xmas tree.

My personal suggestion: Do not worry to much. Go to a dealer. Order your ICE3 3-car set and the 2 extra cars - check at www.minitrix.de for products being on stock (showing green light). Prove that gears on axles are from metal (golden brass) before paying. If it is an old one (I do not think it wold be), do not pay for it and ask the dealer to immediately send it back under warranty because it is unreliable. Trix will replace it for free as long as the Maerklin company group is still upright.

Regards, Peter W.
Thanks, Ismael, and Peter!

I was right!

1)As i see again,  Motor Car has small weight.
-Peter, Did You add additional weight to Your ICE-3 motor car for pulling 5-car version at hills and slopes?

2)As I already see, Coupling will be unstable if  we would take into account  vertical easement curve when cars are oscillating with respect to each other.
-Joints are too close to each other and slight vertical oscillation will arrests it! As a result, one car can rise up another and ... there are The Derailment!

Thank You, TRIX!

By the way, Peter, Did You remade couplings of Your ICE-3??

---

Best regards.
Vadim

Vadim,

Just buy it. There is nothing wrong for this price. Of course no directional lights and chairs.

I can tell you that the ICE 3 is running here in the complete configuration of 8 cars, Additional it has power supply in the front and rear steering car because of added Head / rear light operated by 2 seperated function decoders, made by myself

No problems to run through R1, No any problems to handle slopes up to 3%.

I don't know what you are expecting from the forum to give you a 200% guarantee? Forget it!! Everything is already said and a  all the time you come with new questions in the same direction.

KR

Rob

Die von seaking zu diesem Beitrag angefügten Bilder können nur von registrierten Usern gesehen werden - Login

Vladim,

I have not changed the couplings, why should I have done so? I am happy with the close-coupling rods, that cannot decouple unintentionally.
I have not added weight to avoid overcharging the motor. The interior ligthing adds a small amount of mass, and the lighting and the decoder consumes all available space in the motor car.
No problems on joints, switches, insulation and segment border gaps.

Regards, Peter W.
Thanks , Peter and Rob.

I ll explain the sense of my questions:
I ll transfer this train for Code 55 rails, and all tolerances for dynamics and mechanics must be much smaller!

------
Vadim
So I guess you bild up the tracks on your own using true Code 55 (FiNescale)? Really???
Im asking because Peco Code 55 does not need any change, that is for sure!
Additional to that I can show you a movie http:// www.youtube.com/user/Seaking100#p/a/u/0/ZCKqIhOn_Uk , in the second part you can see the ICE 3 driving through a Helix with 8 cars, the slope is 2,6% and she's running on a speed of about 50 kmh.

And as Peter already said there is no any change necessary for the Code 55 rail.

KR Rob
I build layout using Atlas Code 55 .

This ICE-3 motion on Video seems to be fantastic!  
May be it has 2 or more motor cars? Or may be  some another modifications?

As to my 4 car TRIX  ICE 1 - earlier, it did not ride on even 2% slope, untill i removed all loads from additional  cars and cool loco,  added additional weight to hot loco, and replace axle with traction tires from first boogie onto second at more power position.!

As to other trains on Video - it seems also too fantastic!
I have a lot of emotions and questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How , By what way, why it mooves so easily?????????????
My couple of very heavy locos - TRIX M62 can pull only 12 freight cars at 2 degre slope, no more!

This is 6 car version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSNfOfybfs

May be freight cars on Video are used without weight ?

By the way, which type of authomation uses layout depictured on this video?

---
Vadim

Hi Vadim,

The only thing i can say that's my ICE 3, with 1 motor car and without a small addition of Lead on the front and backside of the motor car.

The DCC system is Twin Center and operated by the free dutch program Koploper. It's only in dutch and the manual is meanwhile over 500 pages. So without a good knowledge of dutch language forget it.

You can look here on my website http:// fantasia.nordkappe.nl also the forum I'm posting http:// www.n-spoorforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=213 both in Dutch but much pictures and movie's

KR

Rob
Thanks!
It's a nice large layout!  You did the best work!  

I have question:
What hardware do U use  for authomation  of this layout?
It's Lenz, zimo, or something else?

---
Vadim

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;