1zu160 - Forum

Anzeige:
Spur N Ersatzteile

THEMA: Why all loco models have aluminium loads&TT?

THEMA: Why all loco models have aluminium loads&TT?
Startbeitrag
Vadim - 31.07.12 23:34
Hello!

I have a question:

Why all loco  models have aluminium loads and traction tires ?

A) Traction tires prevent to get good current pickup!

B) Small weight of aluminium loads also leads to weakened electric pickup!

I remade all these locos:

1) Remove traction tires.
2) Add Pb weight.

And all begins OK with current pickup!

---------
Vadim

Hello Vadim

Zitat - Antwort-Nr.: | Name:

Add Pb weight.

Not in the CEE / EU anymore, because model trains still are considered toys and you can't have materials with this degree of toxicity in them!

Greetings,
Horia
Models are Toys ?
Really?
Are You sure?

One thing, which i precisely know  that's It's really not for children!

Another  question

Is more dense  Cast Iron  toxic?

--------
Vadim!
Hi Vadim,

thats right, model trains are toys for children of each age!

"Is more dense  Cast Iron  toxic? ", never heard about this. Human blood is full of iron, so it can not be really toxic. (only some mothers in law...)

Regards

Christian H.
Hi,

in which federal regulation ist it pointed out that model trains are toys for children? On each new model or part is printed out that this product isn't recommended for children under 14 years in some cases for children under 15 years.
German law says a child a person under 14 years. So model trains are not toys for children

The prohibition of lead (Pb) is a typical act of the European Union regulation madness

regards
Markus
Hi Markus!
I've got my first model-train in the age of six! Do you really belive, a 14 year old boy (or girl) is interested in model trains?! This Eu-madness and of course the pc- and video games, are bringing the model-industry down hill!

Otherwise, Märklin H0 has no problem with children. It's more a mather of size (and the courage of their parents..)
http://www.maerklin.de/de/produkte/details.html...Fstartpackungen.html

Regards

Christian H.
Seriously guys?

The computer industry (e.g. Apple et al) is trying to get the amount of lead used in their soldering down and you guys are complaining that it isn't used in model trains and blame it on the EU?

Lead is poisonous and can lead to extreme birth defects.

The problem isn't that it's in a product when it isn't touched directly or used for eating, but once the product is thrown away. If it isn't disposed of carefully, it can get into the water cycle.

At least use Google before complaining about something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead#Health_effects

"Lead is a highly poisonous metal (regardless if inhaled or swallowed), affecting almost every organ and system in the body"

But let's just complain that the EU is ruining our toys... *eyeroll*
Christian, Märklin isn't a model railroad, it's a toy
Really, how many kids will become a true modeler? Years ago many kids had an electric railway cuz it was the only technical toy.
How many of them saw it only in wintertime around the x-mas days? Pick up an 60 or 70 years old Märklin, Trix or GFN catalog and than say if you want these times back! (beware N scale wasn't inside than)

Wouldn't it be better to recycle lead carefully instead dump it with the other electronic trash?
I like my lead solder wire ...

c ya
Markus
This here is a blog about N-scale model trains.
We know that lead is a strong poison. The same goes for mercury in Low-energy light-bulbs.

CH

PS.: Its really very healthy to work for Apple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides
Hi Markus,

the only difference between Märklin or Micro-Metakid is the price. The sence of the models is the same. They're toys.

Regards

Christian H.

@Jetliner:

Stop trolling.
Hi,

Zitat - Antwort-Nr.: 5 | Name: Jetliner

Do you really belive, a 14 year old boy (or girl) is interested in model trains?!

I was. And now I'm 16. Of course you're right (with  the Computergames and so on), but that doesn't apply to all children.
I haven't played any Computergames for months, 'cause I'm planning my model railway

greetings
Hauke
Hi Hauke!

That's the real spirit! I wish you many happy hours with this fine hobby. Never forget this good old slogan: "Model railroading is fun!"

Best regards

Christian H.
John Allen would revolve 6 feet under, if he would know for what kind of junk his ingenious slogan will be abused!
But it doesn't wonder me that a man who couldn't  see the difference between a toy and a model use it ...

over'n out
Markus
Hi Vadim,

I am actually wondering, whether there really is any loco in N that contains aluminium loads? If so, which one? Mine feel much heavier. Unfortunately most of my locomotives contain lots of air:-\

/martin
@Conrail

What is the the difference between a toy and a model? Why don't you tell us something about this facts?
Sorry, I forget you're "over'n out"

CH

PS.: "Model railroading is fun!"
Hi
since when do locomotives have loads? The wagons are for the loads, the locomotives pull 'em!
Norman
Hallo
Zitat - Antwort-Nr.: 14 | Name: Martin

I am actually wondering, whether there really is any loco in N that contains aluminium loads?

The Fleischmann ICE1 dummy engine has an alloy chassis. As it is unpowered it is not really a loco.

Dietrich

Nur registrierte und eingeloggte User können Antworten schreiben.
Einloggen ->

Noch nicht registriert? Hier können Sie Ihren kostenlosen Account anlegen: Neuer N-Liste Account

Zum Seitenanfang

© by 1zu160.net;